33 weeks and counting

A few days ago I ended 33 weeks of this pregnancy.  It seems absoulutely crazy that this much time has passed.  It hasn't flown by yet it has.  It's been a long few months because of how uncomfortable I have been.  I do look forward to the birth of our little Levi but I am not ready to give up this last pregnancy. (God willing.  He's the one in charge so it may or may not be the last.)  I enjoy feeling our baby moving and growing.  It is amazing how a woman's body is made to change and adapt to the creation of a child. 



With Christmas still fresh on my mind I still sit back and try to imagine how Mary must have thought when she was pregnant with Jesus.  She knew who Jesus was and what he was going to do.  She understood it and she accepted what God gave her to do in life.  Raise our Lord and Savior to be a man.  It's just amazing.  Can you just imagine what Mary was thinking, feeling emotionally and physically?  I can't! I'm just in awe!  Completely overwhelmed at even the beginning to think about how she was feeling.  Whew...... Wow!


I sit here knowing that I have another child that God has blessed our family with.  God has entrusted Michael and I to nurture, raise and love him.  He expects us to raise him in a Godly Christian home and we are to be good examples and teach him the best that we can.  Having 3 other children, ranging from ages 8 1/2 to 3, I realize how difficult and challening it is at times to do the 'right' thing and not the 'easy' thing.  It comes almost natural to slack off and not do daily prayer and bible reading, to rush through a meal without a meaningful discussion, or to even make the kids stay in their rooms almost all day just because I need a few hours break from the chaos of the children.  :) It just seems all to easy to just not do what I know I should be.  One life resolution as a mother is to keep my rear kicked and in gear when it comes to being intentional when raising our children!  INTENTIONAL...... that's what it all comes down to!  If I am not paying attention and actively thinking about how to teach, educate, and show my children how to behave as Christians then who is going to?  The world!  Ha.... don't make me laugh.  I received a good dose of the worlds way of raising children over this Christmas holiday weekend.  I have come to realize that there are some parents that don't want to hover over their children too much, or they don't want to interfere with their developing personalities by not allowing them to 'be themselves' or they even allow them to like adult movies (keeping in mind I don't think I would even watch that mess) and allow their extremely young children to have morbid dolls (that I would consider something from a morbid, sick & twisted haunted house).  Okay, okay.  I'll get off of my soap box.  I'm a little more conservitive and intentional on what my children are allowed to hear, see, and have as toys.  Something I suppose that more worldly parents don't seem to do.  It absolutely blows my mind on certain things that parents will say and do to children.  That's step parents, grandparents, mothers, fathers, and anyone that is in the childs life daily.  Absoultely just breaks my heart at times because these poor babies don't have a clue that things should be any different.  I do think God gives us children to raise to spread HIS word and tell everyone about Jesus!  God did not put us or our children in this world to just exist and do what feels good or makes us happy.  Yes, I absolutely believe we should find joy and happiness daily!!!  No doubt!  However, you should get that joy out of living a life for Him and not for yourself.  I could go on and on and make an entire sermon but I'll hush up now.  :) 

I am just beyond blessed with my family.  I have 3 wonderful well rounded children and another growing in my belly causing me a TON of discomfort that I absolutely love!  I have a husband that I adore and love.  Which, we will be married 10 years in May!  God is just amazing and has blessed me beyond measure.  I can't praise His name and be more thankful enough. 

I pray that my handfull of readers have enjoyed their Christmas celebrating the coming of our Savior into this ugly world.  I also hope you enjoyed all the family time spent together.  ♥




Blessings,

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have never read such a wonderful article and I am coming back tomorrow to continue reading.
[url=http://www.flongchampf.info/] longchamp handbags[/url]
[url=http://www.elongchampe.info/] longchamp[/url]
[url=http://www.dlongchampd.info/] longchamp[/url]

Popular Posts