Compromise?

I have recently begun helping in out GMA program in our church.  It is such a small yet huge blessing. 
There have been times in the past months that I was sure I was of NO use.  God didn't have a special place for me yet in my church.  Well, I have found one of those special places.  God used my prescence in the meetings to lead another young girl to start this wonderful journey.  I am excited that she will take this on and will study the word of God in depth!  Very excited.... because she's my young teen sister!  God is so good all the time it takes my breath away!

The 1st lesson in the class I am sitting in on has been talking about COMPROMISE.  Wow, such a strong word!  How many times do we compromise what we believe?  How many times do we sell Jesus for something cheap?  Such as our favorite t.v. show? Or our favorite song?  Or even our favorite pair of shorts?  Jesus is not to be sold for something cheap!  He paid the ultimate price and what right to we have to sell him short? How dare we?!!  God has been showing out to me lately.  SHowing me that I do have special places to serve and minister.  Praise God for that!  Once again HE has proven His word to be true and steadfast! 

A dear friend recently shared this with me and it just hits home.  Do you compromise and sell our mighty Jesus for something small? Read this and tell me it doesn't pull at your heart strings?!



Christian
Several years ago, a preacher from out-of-state accepted a call to a church in Houston , Texas . Some weeks after he arrived, he had an occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, 'You'd better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it.' Then he thought, 'Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a 'gift from God' and keep quiet.'

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, and then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, 'Here, you gave me too much change '

The driver, with a smile, replied, 'Aren't you the new preacher in town?'

'Yes' he replied.

'Well, I have been thinking a lot lately about going somewhere to worship. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change I'll see you at church.'

When the preacher stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, held on, and said, 'Oh God, I almost sold your Son for a quarter.'

Our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read. This is a beautiful example of how much people watch us as Christians, and will put us to the test! Always be on guard -- and remember -- You carry the name of Christ on your shoulders when you call yourself 'Christian.'

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

I'm glad a friend forwarded this to me as a reminder. So, I choose to forward it to you - my friend.
God bless you; I hope you are having a wonderful day!
If you don't share this with anyone else, nothing bad will happen; but, if you do, you will have ministered to someone!

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...
Stay FAITHFUL and Be GRATEFUL





Blessings,

Comments

Deana said…
Oh my! That's so funny that you used the word "compromise". I go to Bible Study Fellowship and our lesson this week was about how much we "compromise" here and there. Before we know it we have condoned sin through compromise. Thank you for sharing!
Joelle said…
Stopping by from the Hip Homeschool Hop. Your kids look really cute! I also love your blog title.
Cassandra said…
I LOVE your blog! Please check mine out too and follow back. Thanks so much. Have a wonderful night :)

homeschoolingwith3boys.blogspot.com
Stacey said…
I just realized I had comments waiting to be published. :) Sorry ladies. Deana....You are welcome. Love the ways God works! Joelle....thank you for stopping by! I'm pretty fond of my blog title now that I finally found one. ;) Adventures in homeschooling..... Thanks. I'll head over that way shortly. You too!

Bless you all!

Popular Posts