Updates and Whirlwinds

So, I'm a mom to four children.  I am also a stay at home mom.  Which means I spend a lot of my time with my children.  I tend to keep myself busy with their activities, church activities, and keeping up with our home responsibilities.

Which mean when I have a little one that is sick those jobs become very difficult to do.  When that sick baby gets put in the hospital is makes those jobs close to impossible to do.  But, when your baby boy gets put into the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) it become impossible to think about anything else except what is going on in that room.  In that room there were little lights, cords, tubes, monitors, beeping and people in and out constantly for 3 days.  My husband and I barely slept.  Every time there was a beep and blinking light we jumped up to see which sensor it was.  Some times it was my little guy ripping off his leads and others were warnings something was too high or too low.  This is where the whirlwinds were in full swing.  Bug eyed, sleep deprived and just functioning described the state I was in.

Through all of the craziness and potentially stressful situations I was the most calm and the most at peace person.  It was out of character for me.  God gave me a peace that passes all understanding.

Philippians 4:6-8 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - mediate on these things."

With this peace I was able to be there to love on my baby boy, update those friends and family that were interested without crying my eyes out and I was able to not be angry.  So many people are angry at God for allowing this to happen to their child, or they are angry with someone or even themselves for not catching it earlier.  In our situation, everything was done the way it was supposed to be and God had his hand in it from the beginning.  He allowed us to get into the Dr at the right times and he allowed the 1st culture to be stopped so Levi would physically be seen by someone.  Levi being looked at by our favorite pediatrician saved his life.  And that is just being honest.  Poor guy was in kidney failure and his mama didn't have a clue.  I praise God and thank HIM for this little blessing EVERY SINGLE DAY!!  I praise God just for being the God almighty that He is.  His umbrella of Grace has been ever evident!  I WILL NOT allow Satan to get a food in the door even on our bad days when numbers are down.  I am going to continue to give God the glory even if I'm crying.  I have faith Levi will come away from this with such a testimony as will all of us.

So, those are the updates and the whirlwinds of our week.  Kiss your loved ones and hold them close!  And remember... if you think something is wrong with your kiddo insist on being seen a.s.a.p.  I could save their life!  However, don't be a psycho and take them in every time they cough or run a fever.  That's just crazy and takes time away from kiddos that are truly sick.  Just sayin'.

Thank each and every single one of you that have prayed for Levi's healing.  We ask that you continue to do so!  He has a long road to go before his little body is working properly.  Thank each of you also for lifting Michael and I up to our ultimate healer!  He has provided for us in more ways than we could have ever imagine.


Blessings,
Stacey

Comments

Popular Posts