Forgetting and Living


Sometimes I really get distracted. I get bogged down with the needs of everyone else.  I forget about what I need in order to stay mentally, physically and spiritually upbeat and healthy.  As a wife, mom of 4, and woman in ministry... it's just hard y'all!!  Down right hard to keep up with it all.  Sometimes I lose sight of my identity in Christ.  I find my identity as just a mother or just my husbands wife.  I LOVE those parts of my life.  They make up who I am.  However, they aren't ALL that I am.  I am a daughter of God!  Jesus is my Savior! I have a command to serve both in my home church and also in the community, mentor younger women/girls, and do all things for God and not man; among many other commands. So, when I get distracted I can't do all those things or any of those things well.  Sometimes... I just am distracted, a little spazzed out, and might even say crazy.  Sometimes... I just want to forget.  Forget the mistakes that were made during those distracted times.  Forget the things I may have forgotten to do that I said I would do.  Just plain forget something I had to go through to get on the other side of it.  Sometimes, I want to forget the down right hard stuff.  I don't want to think about all the opportunities I missed while being distracted or the many things that were just down right stupid things to do.  Don't get me wrong, there's beauty in the journey.  Sometimes the journey is really what we need to learn and/or grow into the person that God wants us to be. Learning to be less distracted by life and focus more is a mission of mine.  

I want to live a life that is in constant pursuit of God and His plan, His purpose, and His path.  I have to remember my identity and focus.  Living in Pursuit... my new life phrase. :) Making today count while living in pursuit of God in every day life and in every relationship.

So.. here's to together making every day count while doing this thing called life. 

I was reading a blog post today that went right along with what I've had on my mind.  So, I thought I would share her words as well. Check it out here.


Blessings,
Stacey

Comments

Popular Posts