Child Training Bible

The last several months have been rough around here.  Everyone has had their own challenges.  Ya know, the kind that is overly emotional and full of extreme attitude?!  There have not been loving thoughts or kind words toward one another and our actions have followed the same.  There have been so many sharp edges around here lately.  They hurt and I DO NOT like it.  Everyone has had allergies and been feeling down on top of mama giving birth, recovering and adding a family member into the mix. 

Something has to change.  I don't care if it's a huge wave or it is a little bit at a time. 
So, I found the Child Training Bible kit online.  Pinterest, actually.
coahbutton









I ordered the kit.  It came with instructions and cards.  I stopped by the office supply store and picked up enough colored tabs and highlighters to make our bible.  I browsed through bibles and picked out a bible for our family. 


After it was completed I felt inspired and excited to dive into God's word!  I knew that when the kids or even I had an issue I could pick up this bible and I could get an answer or even discipline my children's sins from God's word.  That was the answer!  God's word could soften our sharp edges and bring us together as a family. The bible is more of an active player now than ever in parenting our children. Using the bible in parenting isn't new to me, and I have used it in this way before, but it always took me so long to look up scriptures when I needed an instant access so the children could remember what they are in trouble or need talking to about.  While I would do this the children would be sitting on their beds waiting to see what consequence they would be receiving. 

Pinned Image
I do still have to tab some life verses and verses our family uses often in different things but it's completed otherwise!  So, when an issues comes up that needs to be addressed right away, I grab the CTB off of our coffee table, find what needs to be discussed and read God's word.  No nagging, yelling, or fussing at anyone.  God's Word does the work for me!

As you can tell I really enjoy our Child Training Bible.  If you would like to order yours head over to www.childtrainingbible.com and order one!  They are inexpensive and WELL worth it!  :)  I may have a giveaway soon for someone. 

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts