Home Made Playdough

I got an idea from howdoesshe.com.  Make homemade playdough and give it as Christmas/Birthday gifts! :)
Click HERE  if you want to read more on their website!


Today we made our homemade playdough.  It is so soft, fluffy and lasts!  It even smells yummy.  And, best of all it is simple to make!  The hardest part is keeping the kiddos from eating it. 

So, all you do is boil 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and one package of Kool-Aid or food coloring.  Separately in a large bowl mix 1/2 cup of salt and 2 1/2 cups of flour. (You can also add 1 Tablespoon of powdered Alum.  It is a preservative but it is also bitter and prevents kiddos from eating it.) I left it out because I don't have any yet.  Pour the boiling water mixture over the flour mixture.  Mix.  Cool slightly.  Kneed until smooth.  Store in an air tight container.  This make a quart ziploc bag stuffed full!  It makes a lot so you can make small containers to give to friends with just a few batches. :)  Enjoy!

This year we have decided to give these as gifts to my young children's friends.  My kiddos love it so I know that others will as well!! 


Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts