Show compassion to your enemy

It has been a rough day.  My mind and my heart are conflicting.  My fleshly nature wants to lash out the truth, which is very hurtful, to those that are causing strife in our family.  My heart on the other hand is telling me that I shouldn't say mean things or think mean things or have mean actions.  I should be gentle and kind.  Have compassion for those that are my enemy.  My encouragement for today said this:
that letting go makes you wealthier. Wealth is never measured by what you have, but by what you can give away. You are rich with money when you can afford to donate. You are rich with love when you can give love freely. You are rich with God when you can behold your enemy with compassion.

This situation is getting harder to bear every day.  I know that God will heal the wounds that were created in the past.  In a previous post there was a verse on strife.  There are times that you have to get away from those that are causing problems.  So that is what I have done.  I'm walking away since nothing is going to be changed.  I am going to pray for them which is VERY hard to do.  I will show compassion and just hate the sin.  Not the sinner.


Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts