What Did I Do Today

What Did I Do Today

Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.

The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.

The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are starring at me from the floor.

The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.

The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
  
Shame on you, you sit and say 
Just what did you do today?

I held a baby till she slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.

I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.

I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.

What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.

Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone

With deep blue eyes and soft brown hair,
If that is true... I've done my share.

Luke 18:16
Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder
them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.


I thought I would share this with all the mommies out there that see their messy house but are tired from being busy all day.  The busy a child creates is a special kind that not only isn't visible but such an amazing blessing!!  The pictures on the right are my reasons for a not so clean home from day to day. :)  I love them so much!

Blessings,

Comments

Deana said…
Hey Stacey! I am loving your posts! Your pasta dish looks fantastic, and I love, love, love the bow holder board. So sweet! Also, the poem is too cute. I've had such a great time on your blog this morning. Oh yeah, I'm taking the organizing challenge too, so maybe we can keep each other motivated! Lol :) Have a great day with your sweet kiddos.
Stacey said…
Thank you. :) I couldn't believe how cheap and easy those bow holders can be! And they look so darn cute. I am ready to get this new challenge under way. I just hope I can keep up. This week I am already behind... having tooth removed. :( Enjoy this beautiful weekend!

Popular Posts