Not All Helps Look The Same!!

As I mom I also am part of a community of Mom's.  During those times you open yourself up to those that want to help in your time of need, whether it be having a baby, a death in the family, or even just a tough time in your journey in life!  But, it also opens you up to the opportunity to help others.  It is a wonderful blessing and the rewards are much greater within that anyone can ever begin to imagine!  Well, that's my opinion anyway.   :)  Sitting back I have watched different groups help in so many ways.  One of the first things a mom will offer as help is to keep another Mom's kiddos.  This gives the mom the opportunity to run errands or take care of anything that needs to be done without the assistance of their ever so loving and helping little hands. Then there is making a meal for the family, sending flowers, sending a simple card, or even just going over to talk.  Babysitting more children than the three that I already have can often seem a daunting task.  I don't often offer this unless it is a very close friend and I know their children well.  Making a meal is SO helpfull and it's fairly simple.  Just double what you are making for dinner and send the second part to that family in need.  It's my choice in helping if I can.  Sending a card or flowers is just a simple way of saying you are in my thoughts and I care about what you are going through right now.  I can't tell you how many times I should have done some of these things and just ...... didn't.  How many opportunities have I missed out on sharing the Love of Christ by my helping someone else?  SO, it got me to thinking.  Help comes in many forms.  Not just one or two.  Helping a single mom putting her children in the vehicle can me something easy yet amazingly wonderful for that mom!  You can pay for the person behind you in the drive thru.  You can smile wherever you go and it can make someones day.  Give the compliment you are thinking instead of just thinking it!  You never know what that person may be needing at that moment.

So, Make A Difference on Monday!  Do something kind for another person that they would not expect.  Do it to where no one will know it is you.  Doing something kind just to get attention for it is useless!  The next time that there is a family or mom in need step up and offer whatever you have.  What you offer doesn't have to be expensive or extremely time consuming.  Offer the love of Christ by your actions. 

Have a fabulous week and hopefully we all catch up on that hour of sleep lost.  Being in full swing of business is great but I am glad that Spring Break is right around the corner.  I'm ready for all my kids to be home and quality/fun family time!  Yay for breaks!! 


Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts