Home Made and Frugal Cleaning


Deana @ Country By Marriage
 A blogging friend posted 2 awesome recipes for laundry detergent and dishwashing detergent.  I am impressed at how great it works!  My children are super sensitive to any type of detergent or fabric softener.  This makes it a wee bit difficult to have clean AND good smelling clothes, blankets, and towels.  So, I'm trying this detergent! 
If you want the recipe check out her blog HERE.  I will be posting next week on how the kids reacted, if any, and how well it worked on our laundry. 

Just a BIG thank you to Deana for sharing!



I also wanted to share how we frugally clean our home.  Yes, I said we.  I am mean and make my three children actually help clean our home.  Yes, I know they are only 7, 5, and 2.  It's okay!  They will survive this trauma.  In fact, they might even get something out of it.  Like, oh RESPONSIBILITY, Work Ethic... or something like that. ;)  Okay, off my soap box.  I am a BIG believer in Vinegar! It started with simply cleaning out the micorowave and then cleaning my kitchen sink.  My love of vinegar is growing and I think nI am addicted.  I always make sure I have my 'stash' in the laundry room.  So, if you didnt know then know this.... vinegar has more uses that I can count.  Here are just a few:  fabric softener, rinse agent in dishwasher, floor cleaner, great for cleaning microwave, 50/50 solution of vinegar and warm water for a foot soak, mildew remover, odor remover, disinfectant, streakless window cleaner, carpet stain remover, refridgerator cleaner, ant deterrant, baathroom cleaner, corrosion remover, grass and weed killer, soothing sunburns, and so, so many more uses.  I really enjoy how inexpensive Vinegar is.  It works wonderfully and isn't harmful to the pets or kiddos.  :)  How great is that!!

Bleach:  I mainly use it for my bathtub and drains once a month and to make my whites whiter. :)  Oh, and for the occasional lost sippy cup that is found with milk residue. And, YOU know you've found them too. ;)  Yeah, gross.  YUK!  BLECK! 

I just thought I'd share my thought for the moment.  Happy cleaning.

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts