Getting ready for the Holidays

It's the beginning of November and I've already made the menu and gotten out recipes for Thanksgiving dinner.  I've made the 'to get' list.  I'm making a list for Christmas gifts and ideas.....and I'm not doing so well. :(  We have many teachers at church between Awana and Sunday school.  That is a blessing.  But what can I make or give this year as a token of our appreciation during the Christmas holiday?  I have NO idea.  Any ideas are welcomed! :)  Last year we had a home made Christmas.  EVERY gift we gave to ANYONE was home made.  We baked cookies, candy, desserts.  We made hair bows, bow boards, and baskets that were semi-homemade.  ;)  It worked out okay but we had to get pretty creative.  There are more people this year so I don't think it's going to work so well. 

Well, just an update on our family: the 5 of us have had the yukky virus and are on the mend.  Dearh husband and I are still a little down but doing MUCH better.  I ate my first meal after 3 1/2 days of nibbling.  Yay. 
My Matthew is doing so well.  He's so smart in all his studies and such a sweet boy.  I love how big he's getting but don't at the same time.  So bitersweet.  I miss those times when he was at home cuddling at nap time and making messes during lunch. Yet, I love how independent he is.

Miss Emalie is finally better and we started another unit study lapbook.  She loves putting them together and looking through them over and over.  She's my girly girl and would wear a dress every day if I would let her.  I love her attitude and the ways she has an amazing imagination.  She does things her way and no one else's.   I have NO idea where she gets that from.  ;) 

My little man, Lucas, is a mess.  He's growing so fast, in to everything, curious over too many things, and a wonderful artist.  He's drawing with anything you give him and he LOVES to help me cook.  That's all he has talked about since yesterday afternoon.  It's so cute! He is one active and bubbly kiddo.  He's full of personality. 

That's about it for now.  I am so blessed with such a wonderful family!  God is AMAZING! 

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts