Taco Pie.

Today I made taco pie for the first time.  It didn't turn out as I really wanted it to but after enjoying dinner I realized one ingredient was missing.  I forgot the tomato paste.  UGH..... :(  But it was still very yummy.  It was just crescent roll on the bottom.  Top that with refried beans.  Sprinkle a little cornmeal on top.  Bake until the dough is nearly done. While that is baking, cook 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey with 1 medium chopped onion.  Add in one package of taco seasoning and cook as directed..  Mix in 1 can of tomato paste. When heated through pour meat mixture on crescent roll layer.  Spread a small layer of sour cream and top with your favorite, yummy cheese.  Bake until cheese is melted and golden.  Serve with salsa, lettuce, and any other taco seasings you enjoy.  It's easy to make and yummy.  One 9x13 casserole dish fed 8 people a generous portion. I didn't think to take pictures so apologies.  I'll take some the next time I make a new dish.  :)

Have a wonderful week and hopefully you aren't salivating too much.  ;)

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts