Grace, Gratitude, and Perspective

Yesterday I got to hear a sermon that would make ANY person think about their life.  How thankful, grateful or ungrateful, humble, selfish or unselfish we are, and how we see it all. 

Hebrews 13:15-16 "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.  But do not forget to do good to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."

Grace:  think about that for a moment.  What is grace? I think it is undeserved mercy that God gave to us by sending Jesus to die on the cross for us.  We don't deserve what we get but by God's unmerited and abundant grace we don't get what we deserve.

God has shown me grace in more ways than I can count!  He has blessed my life with 'things' to go through, that made me stronger, and things given to me.  I have three beautiful children that are only here by Him.  It's just amazing to have a child grow and develop inside your human body!  Then to deliver that child and see how amazing God is.  Just absolutely breath taking.  God does that often.  Takes your breath away by how much mercy He gives.  How has God showed you grace or mercy?

Gratitude: ??hmmmmm. Everyone knows what this is right?  It's that way you act or that attitude you have about you of being grateful or thankful. Right? Well, have you been cold hearted?  Not moved or have compassion towards outher in your life?  Are you selfsh?  Do you weap with the weaping or just walk away and think there is nothing you can do?  Do you think the world owes you something?

Well, the way I see it is we all have at some point.  We should be grateful for the blessings God has given us.  He has blessed us beyond all comprehension.  Count your blessings.  One by one. THey far out weigh anything else you are going through!  Are you breathing?  Did you wake up this morning?  Were you able to walk? Were you able to speak? See?  That is through God!  Not our own fleshly human self.  GOD!! 

So praise God!  Continuously praise God for the blessings in life.  You and I will have those 'bad things' that happen.  Thank the Lord for the grace with gratitude!

When we have an intimate relationship with God the gifts (even those tiny ones) are so VERY special.  If we don't have that relstionship the blessings and gifts will slip by with no gratitude or completely unnoticed.  Thank about how you are thankful.

Perspective: the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it.  Well, what is the proper or accurate view in your life?  Do you see God's grace, mercy, and blessings that are abundantly flowing in or out of your life? Do you have the ability to see it or is it clouded by anger, fear, jealousy, or sadness? God can clean any or all of it.  This storm too shall pass!!!  God will NOT give you more than you can handle.  Just rely on Him and He will show you the way. 

After hearing the sermon and reading some more I had a song pop in my head.  Who am I by Casting Crowns.  The bridge is:
Not because of who I am,Blessings,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are

It's not because of who we are or what we've done!  It's because of what God has done and who HE is! 


Who Am I by Casting Crowns
Who am I?

That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.


Bridge:
Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.


Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.
Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.


Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.


Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.
I am yours.


Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
Cause I am yours..
I am yours..

Blessings,






Comments

Popular Posts