Divine Intervention

Well, this week has been L    O   N    G!!  My oldest boy was sick with the 'crud' going around on Friday.  I wasn't feeling so hot from Thursday until tomorrow. ;)  My lil' miss and little man are okay but VERY whiny the past 2 days.  Thinking they may be coming down with the 'crud'.  Praying NOT!!  The husband is amazing and I love him so much!  He never complains, too much, when the couch is piled with laundry that is backed up from a weekend of no one feeling well enough to do it.  He doesn't get upset, extremely, about the sinks full of dishes.  He's just awesome like that.  Give up to God for such a great hubby!  :)  Love you darlin'!

Well, I was reading my MOPS magazine and in one article there was a quote that read:
" More than any lesson you may attempt to teach, the demonstation of your words and actions will shape the manners of your child's heart the most."

Hmmmmm.....this got me to thinking.  I keep wondering why my little girl cuts looks at me on occasion, or makes comments that only a mom should make, or even has a bad attitude after waking up in such a great mood. I just don't understand why my little man is ignoring me when he's busy and I need him to pick things up.  Sometimes I get SO frustrated when my oldest son wants to play the Wii or be alone when I want to spend 'quality' time grounding him.  Well, I guess mom needs to get on her own rear and quit being so snippy.  Mom shouldn't be making comments with a 'tone' that is unacceptable.  Guess where lil' miss got it from????  ME!  UGH.... why must children do as you do and not as you say?  Why?

So, after many painful apologies and I'm sorry's I have to change MY attitude, MY words and MY actions.  MY attitude sets the tone in our home for the entire day, week, or even month.  Scary but oh so true!  I've got some praying to do and tones to work on.  Please pray for me.  It's going to be a battle but ultimately God will win this one!  He wants me to love my babies and do it right.  Obviously it's not right the first time but we can't learn if we aren't able to make mistakes.  Like I always say, "God gives us trials as an opportunity for us to grow and strengthen our witness!"  Hopefully this blogpost will show honor to Him and inspire other parents to watch how they act because it teaches their children's heart!  I want my children to have a loving and kind heart.  Not one that's too busy to listen or too frustrated/angry.  Which reminds me of another thing I read but I'll save it for tomorrow. :)

Bless you all and have a wonderful Thursday! 

"If you think you are standing strong, be careful, for you, too, may fall into the same sin." 
1 Corinthians 10:12, NLT

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts