Home Management Binder

Challenge one from A Bowl Full Of Lemons was a home management binder.  I am lacking and behind.  Toni at A Bowl Full Of Lemons has some amazing organizing and crafty ideas!  Her link ups are awesome.  If you want some ideas or need a little kick in the rear to get going that is the blog to go to.  Like I said in a previous post.  It's my blog crush. :) 

Okay, so I am just now getting around to taking pictures of my Home Management Binder.  I have taken it apart and put together, added, and took away.  Trying to find what is going to work for our family and is actually functional. 

I have to admit I made one of these last year but I really didn't use it the way a lot of women do.  My binder was sat on the bookshelf and left there to collect dust.  I ended up buying a planner/calendar and that is where I kept everything.  Bills, stamps, what's been paid, not paid, etc. 

So, I read around different sites and blogs and I think I've come up with something that will work for us. 

So, I bought a 3 ring notebook.  I made a cover sheet pretty and printed it.  Then I made a list of what our needs are as a family, as a mom, as a wife, as a woman of God. 

My list looks something like this:

Daily:  this section houses my daily to-do list (cleaning, 31, chores, etc)
Finance: this section houses a yearly form to write what has been paid, tax information, and bills to be paid in a clear page protector
Calendar: this section houses our monthly calendars for each month as well as a sub section for Awana, Cub Scouts, Fire Department, etc.
Food: This houses the monthly menu planner, shopping lists, freezer/pantry inventory and our favorite recipes. (Which will soon go to our recipe binder)
Contact: This has emergency information, phone numbers, list of medications.
Blog: This section has a written list of ideas for crafts and other blogging topics.  I'm currently writing a devotional on marriage and my 'love' story, the story of my marriage. 
Journal: This section is extra special to me.  I have a 'Checking My Priorities' from http://www.lifeasmom.com/  and I also have A list form to keep things on  my mind written down so they are addressed in prayer or discussed with whomever it needs to be.
There is also an extra section that I call my ?????? section.  There are ideas for birthday party favors/snacks, baby shower games, printed out poems that are an encouragement to refer back to often and other things that don't have a 'label'.  There's also a sublabel here for our pets information.  It's a renewed piece of paper w/up to date shots and vet info.  

Here are the pictures of what I have so far.
 Oh, and I got most of my printables from Organized Home and I got a few from Brenda Arnall.

This is part of  my journaling section

Part of the Address Book.  Wonderful and easy access when you have a sitter.

This goes under my Calendar/Schedules Section.

THis is part of my personal finance section.  I covered the parts filled in. :)



 

My daily check list.  NOT filled out. :(



Spine of the Thirty-One binder.

.And that is my binder for now.  It's serving useful so far and I'm not completely finished filling in my chore and daily home maintenance sections just yet.  I'll share  more and update this post as i complete it. 


Now, on to the launch pad pictures.

Blessings,

Comments

Stacey said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts