The Love of Jesus

In John 15:12 it reads "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

We need to celebrate Jesus' love!  We are loved unconditionally.  It doesn't mater our outward appearance, We are LOVED with out condition.  Too often we will put conditions on our love.  We want people to prove how much they love us.  We want people to use their good deeds to 'prove' their love. Our so called good deeds or actions don't go unnoticed but that will not make Jesus love us any more than He has since before the world was created. 

In our sermon this morning, my wonderful Pastor made a statement that promted this entry.  He said that there are so many times we people search for someone to just love them and love them unconditionally. That got me to thinking.  How many people are out there going from marriage to marriage or from boy/girl friend to another looking for 'that' kind of love.  I know my family has been affected by someone that is looking for love.  I just never realized how heart breaking it is that they will not fully allow God to love them.  God loves them no matter what but you have to allow God to enter in and clean out all the junk that keeps you going from one marriage or relationship to another.  When you don't let God clean your heart then you will continue to be in search of something that doesn't exist except through God! 

So, why does God love us so unconditionally?  I have NO idea.  Probably because He wants to.  But only HE knows!  He tells all through out His love letter to us how much He loves us!  That love letter is the Bible!  God doesn't engrave His name on a pretty necklace and wear it around but God has written His name on our hearts! His love is also demonstarted on Calvary!  Talk about unconditional love?!  Tink about when Jesus was on the cross.  Remember He said "Forgive them for they know not what they do".  Can you even begin to imagine wanting to forgive so many for the aweful things done to you, if you were in the postion of Jesus?  As a human I don't know if I could be so forgiving.  I don't know if I could plead to God on their behalf.  It's one of the most baffling things.  How easy Jesus just forgave and died so that we may have an eternity in Heaven......IF we only believe!  There is only one way to Heaven and that is by the cross. In Romans 5:8 is reads that we were yet sinners and Christ died for us.  WOW.  ALl I can say is AWESOME!  God is AWESOME!  There was a statement made this morning that the word Awesome was made just to describe God.   After pondering on it for a little while I completely agree!  There is nothing as awesome at the thing God can and has done.  Especially in my own life. 

Look at your life!  Celebrate the Love of Jesus Christ!  Accept His love and don't go looking for it anywhere else!  Look up and God will always be there and will always love you! 

God bless you during the next week!  I pray that you see God's love every day! 
Praise His name!

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts