Stuffed Pizza and Apple something

A few nights ago I made a calzone/pizza thingy.  Don't know what it should be called but it was pretty good. 
We had some left over pizza sauce, an extra package of pizza dough, left over pepperoni, and other pizza toppings from another pizza dinner we had.  So, I figured I would use them.  And this is what I came up with.  :)  Pizza pouches or a type of calzone. 

After I mixed up the packaged pizza dough I cut it into 4 equal parts. 3 are shown here.  :)
 
Then I flattened the dough on a litte flour into a square.






This is t he dough filled and placed in a pan sprayed with EVOO.  :)

Little hands trying to sneak a bite while I took picture.

 Then I filled with sauce, cheese, meat, and other toppings of choice.  After filled I pinched the sides together.  This pictures isn't very pretty but they turned out great.  I pinched all the holes up so the insides didn't come out.  Worked well.

This is the yummy creation.  Not plate pretty but good.

Then I made a dessert.  It was just crescent rolls ( 2 cans), 2 cans applie pie filling, a little butter, sugar and cinnamon.  First sprayed a casserole dish.  Unroll crescent rolls of one tube and place on bottom of dish. Pour chopped apple pie filling as the next layer.  Then, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar.  Unroll 2nd tube of crescent rolls and layer on top of apple filling.  Sprinkle with a little sugar and cinnamon and can even put a very fine layer of butter if you wish.  (I forgot the top sprinkles & butter so mine went on after it was done.  And it's not very pretty because the sugar didn't melt on top)   
This is the final product.  It turned out yummy.  Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.

I cut out a corner to show you the filling.  YUM

And of course my son wanted a piece straight after dinner. 
These dishes are NOT extremely healthy.  Adding vegetables to the stuffed pizza is always a plus and makes it even more yummy.  :)  The apple something or another that I made is so warm and filling on a cold day.  It's snowing here.  The most in many years.  I live in Arkansas so we don't see much.  And we are looking at nearly a foot more on Wednesday.  We'll see.  With that in mind I will probably be cooking warm and yummy foods for my family to keep them warm and their tummies full.  Have a fabulous Monday!

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts