I call it my dessert concoction

After dinner I wanted something sweet.  We never have a dessert but tonight was a special night.  For no reason of course.  Just because mama wanted it. :)  Ever had one of those nights where what mama wants mama gets only because she makes it herself. LOL! 

Well, I started looking in the pantry, the fridge and the freezer to see what I could make.  I had a choice between brownies, cupcakes or cake, or something I just make up.  I chose option number three of course.  My creative nature and all jumped into high gear.  And this is what I came up with.  It was simple yet very yummy.  :)  This is an aweful picture and doesn't do this scrumptious dessert justice!!  So... this is what I did.

You'll need:
9x13 casserole dish
About 8 biscuits
1 pkg cream cheese
Cinnamon
Sugar
Butter

Not very healthy dessert AT ALL!  But so yummy.  So, I smushed all the biscuits flat in the pan to make one layer on the bottom of the casserole dish.  Don't forget to spray the pan!  I spread a layer of cream cheese over the dough.  Then I put just a little butter to give that buttery flavor.  Then I sprinkled the top with cinnamon and sugar just like our monkey bread. Note:  The second time I made this I added thinly sliced apples before cream cheese.  It was VERY good as well. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until edges of biscuit dough is nice and golden brown.  Let set for 5 or so minutes.  cut into squares and serve.  :)  Mine fell apart because I cut them while they were still very warm and they turned out like the picture above.  So, let them set for a few.  I hope you enjoy this fatty goodness like I have. I belive it is okay if you allow yourself something sweet every once in a while.  This was my sweetness for a while but it was worth it.  Oh, and it's VERY kid friendly.  They ate it up.  Happy Baking Tuesday!

If you make this or something like this share!  I'd love to see pictures!

Blessings,

Comments

Just stopped over to let you know that you are one of the lucky winners of the Shaklee Cleaning sample! Please email me your address to oproot(at)gmail.com. Congratulations!

Popular Posts