Terrible or Terrifc Two's?

My youngest is now 2 years old.  He has a BIG personality and always wants to make people laugh.  He can say more words than I can even begin to list and he is in love with his siblings (even though he drives them crazy). ;) 

I often wonder if it should be called the terrible two's then I am reminded why it could be.  The ENTIRE bottle of baby powder that has covered my bathroom floor, cabinets, newly washed rugs, and my little man.  Or it could be the bowl full of dog food poured directly into the large bowl of water next to it.  Or, it could even be the many, many, many times he tells me no before promptly getting repremanded.  Hmmm.  I could look at it like that OR

I could say it is the terrific twos!!  He's learning so many words daily.  He is VERY creative with his art.  He drew circles in that baby powder you know!  He is going to be a master chef for his future wife some day because he has started early mixing ingredients, like the dog food. Oh, and telling someone no or now is his little two year old way of showing he has an opinion and he wants it heard.  That's how I want to see it. ;)  Maybe this thought will make everything seem a little less horrible when he finds the permanent markers again and decides to become an interior decorator/artist. Maybe. 

Oh, and don't get me wrong.  He does NOT get away with any of the above things.  He has to help clean up his own messes and he is very quickly repremanded for his actions.  I'm a strict mama and HE knows when he's in trouble. 

Here is my little man when he was so perfect and innocent and did NOT make any messes unless he was spitting up or cleverly filling his diaper to the top. :) 

Just a few days old.  Bruises are from blood test they did.
Right before we left hospital
 
Me n Lucas

Lil' Man and Daddy


 
Me and My Handsome Lil' Man!
  
And Lucas again at 2.

eating snow

Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts