Inexpensive hat rack

My husband and my son have a few hats and we didn't have a lot to spend on buying a hat rack.  So, my husband got creative.  Or as I say, he got his craft on.  :)  LOL!  Funny, yeah.  I know.  Anyhow, he went to the local hardware store and purchased a 1x6 board, three horse shoes, and very long screws.  He put the screm through the horse shoe and then the board.  It sticks out about 4 or 5 inches from the board.  He placed a nut and bolt on the back to secure it and keep it still.  ANd there ya go.  A very inexpensive hat rack that isn't ugly when the hats are gone.  I seen this on the wall and took these pictures to share. I thought maybe someone else out there might like it.  If you already have a horse shoe or 3 laying around you can clean them up or sand the rust off and paint them to match your decor. :)  Happy crafting!  What have you done lately to get your craft on?
Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts